Big Lunch 2012 launch – Co Fermanagh
Championing, volunteering and community spirit was on the menu when The Big Lunch and Volunteer Now joined local community organisations across Enniskillen at Fermanagh House for lunch today.
Wendy Osborne OBE, Chief Executive, Volunteer Now said; “Volunteer Now is delighted to support The Big Lunch as part of Volunteers’ Week 1 – 7 June. Volunteers Week is about celebrating and thanking the many thousands of volunteers who are local heroes in our communities.
“Hundreds of volunteer involving organisations, from grass roots community groups to large charities take part in the Week to raise the profile of their volunteers and the valuable work they do by hosting presentations, celebrations and by simply getting together to celebrate volunteering.
“Having a Big Lunch is one way neighbours and local communities can come together through a simple act of community, friendship and fun and events like these can help encourage more volunteering in your area and even start good local conversations about Time Banking. Volunteer involving organisations can order free resources to help their celebrations at www.volunteernow.co.uk.”
Micheal Mowen, Manager at Oak Healthy Living Centre said; “ Our organisation works with both young and old, and the Big Lunch looks to be a great way of bringing both of these groups together.
“We will definitely be looking into the possibility of holding our own Big Lunch this coming June.”
The Big Lunch is an initiative led by the Eden Project, funded by BIG Lottery Fund and supported by Mastercard, Kingsmill and ASDA. It can be anything from a few neighbours getting together in the garden or on the street, to a full-blown street party with food, music and decoration that quite literally stops the traffic.
The Big Lunch representative in Northern Ireland, Grainne McCloskey said; “We are encouraging people across the UK to get together in their local area and celebrate their community or use the event to raise money for a charity of their choice. It’s happening on Sunday 3 June during the 28th annual Volunteers’ Week (1 – 7 June) so why not get a free pack from our website, www.thebiglunch.com and organise your own get together.
Joanne McDowell, Big Lottery Fund NI Director, said: "The Big Lunch is firmly establishing itself in Northern Ireland as a great way for communities and neighbourhoods to come together in the simple act of sharing a meal.
“The Big Lottery Fund is encouraging charities, volunteer organisations and community groups across Northern Ireland to run Big Lunches in their communities that will bring local people together. The good conversations started at Big Lunches can lead to stronger neighbourhood networks and motivate people to take more of an active role in their communities.”
Big Jubilee Lunches are also taking place as part of the celebrations to mark
the Diamond Jubilee in 2012 over the long weekend 2nd – 5th June.
Most Successful Things to Do For Healthy Living
Article by Webmaster
Most Successful Things to Do For Healthy Living – Entertainment – Movies
Search by Author, Title or Content
Article ContentAuthor NameArticle Title
Healthy living means creating optimum physical, mental and spiritual health with a nutritious, positive, active, healthy lifestyle. There are enormous things that can be done to lead a healthy life. You can enjoy plenty of benefits with adopting healthy lifestyle, you can stay physically active and you don’t easily get sick.
If you are healthy and active, you can comfortably do all the things you want to do. Here are some most successful things to do for healthy lifestyle:
1. Workout: in order to stay fit and fine you can perform light physical activities like walking, swimming, dancing as these can be done easily at home.
2. Go for a Walk: Walking alone slowly, helps you clear your mind, clear your thoughts and think through problems, issues or concerns you may be facing. This is the best activity that can be performed for entire relaxation.
3. Go to the Beaches, Parks and Lake: spending time with nature, gives you a multi-sensory way to relieve stress and relax mind. When you smell ultimate fresh air, you are visually inspired by the natural beauty.
4. Reading novels and magazines: Reading is a most effective way to get away from your hectic life and learn something new, fall in love or laugh. It is like a vacation away from life so you must experience it.
5. Learn something new and latest: Taking classes on something you want to learn, it may be cooking, a new language, dancing or rock-climbing. It will be really enhance your living as it expands your horizons and gives you knowledge about interesting things and allows you to discover new things about yourself.
6. Travel to new places: Taking a drive allows you to explore new places, discover new things and meet new people. You can listen to your favorite music, and stop along the journey whenever you are inspired to do so.
7. Eat healthy: In order to have healthy eating habits you should avoid heavy dinners, junk foods, and plenty of sweets and fatty foods. You should include plenty of colorful vegetables, fruit, whole grains and other high fiber foods in your diet. Drinking a cup of herbal tea instead of coffee is also a healthy option.
8. Always be positive and optimistic: It has been said that, most people are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be so, you should always learn from your mistakes and move on in life with happiness.
About the Author
Thanks for reading my articles on the topic of things to do in arlington va
Use and distribution of this article is subject to our Publisher Guidelines
whereby the original author’s information and copyright must be included.
Add to Favorites
GoArticles.com © 2012, All Rights Reserved.